Do you ever feel like your mind is going a mile a minute?
Do deadlines seem impossible to meet and the stress of work is weighing on you?
You’re not alone.
In this article, we’ll provide five proven methods to relax that are easy to implement into your daily routine for relieving stress and relaxing right now!
1) Progressive Relaxation
pregressive ralaxation is a process of systematically tensing and releasing muscle groups.
– start by clenching your hands into fists for a few seconds, then relax them
– move on to each individual finger, starting with the thumb and moving towards pinky
– both hands should be clenched again before you proceed to the next set of fingers
– repeat this series of movements until all five sets are completed (thumb through little)
afterwards, start over from thumbs but now hold each one in place for three deep breaths
clench every time you inhale, release when exhaling. You should feel calmer already!
If not try out some other techniques below.
Meditation is another highly controversial technique, but it has shown to alleviate symptoms of stress and anxiety.
-There are many different types of meditation that target specific needs or goals
– some focus on mindfulness which is the act of focusing your attention on a single item for an extended amount time (for example: breathing) with the intent purpose being bringing calmness by reducing the worries in one’s mind, clearing out other thoughts
– others such as transcendental mediation emphasize reciting a mantra without any interruptions until you reach enlightenment
Either way choose what works best for you – all have been proven effective at easing tension.
-Find a comfortable position and try meditating anywhere from five minutes up to thirty minutes depending how much time you have.
3) Deep Breathing
Deep breathing is a great way to relax because many of our day-to-day anxieties manifest through the body’s reaction to stress hormones.
-Inhale deeply, filling your lungs from bottom up
-Exhale slowly and completely – let go of all that you are holding onto
As you breathe in again, imagine yourself breathing out any tension or negativity. You’re now left with a sense of calmness and peace. Repeat as desired.
Consider adding some fragrant candles or essential oils for an extra soothing effect.
Yogas is a mental and physical discipline with its roots in ancient Indian philosophy. It is a way to connect the mind, body, and soul through postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama)
and meditation or self-inquiry practices that together produce inner calmness, harmony and balance.
Yoga has been shown to help manage stress levels by increasing well being while improving muscle tone which can also aid sleep patterns as it relaxes your muscles during deep relaxation sessions
Finally: yoga may even make you feel happier!
A recent study showed that people experienced greater feelings of happiness after participating in an hour long session of Hatha Yoga compared to those who did not participate at all.
They found this was due largely to increased oxytocin production during yoga practice.
5) Sound Therapy
Sound therapy is a powerful relaxation tool that can help you relax and calm your mind.
Sound therapy involves listening to calming sounds, such as music or natural noises
The vibrations of these sounds produce a response in the body’s reticular activating system (RAS) which is responsible for regulating wakefulness
It slows down activity in the brain while increasing peace in general – helping soothe away stressors before they have an opportunity to build tension.
Many people find this type of treatment especially helpful with insomnia and anxiety disorders but it also has many benefits including increased energy levels!
Enjoy some sound therapy through one of these methods:
– Headphones on full blast at home or work for 15-45 minutes depending on how much time you have availableor alternatively
– Sleeping with headphones on
– Listening to soothing sounds while working at the office or doing housework
– Bringing a set of earbuds and iPad when you’re out walking, exercising or commuting for enjoyment.
You may also want to consider purchasing some relaxing music from iTunes if listening with your smartphone is an option!
In the world we live in, it can be difficult to find time for relaxation or wellness.
But you don’t have to sacrifice your health and well-being just because of a busy schedule.
By using these tips, you’ll feel relaxed and ready to take on life’s challenges with gusto!
Originally Published On: InterestArticles.com